Tuesday, January 24, 2012

E&E Energy & Endurance Review

In early January, Beachbody released their new energy drink, E&E Energy & Endurance. I'm fairly new to the world of energy drinks, but know there are so many out there to choose from and you hear all different types of information on them. Mostly that many contain harmful chemicals or are packed with sugar.

With this new pre-workout drink, Beachbody promises you will see an improvement in your energy, endurance, strength, and focus. It is designed to help you power through and maximize every moment of your workouts. Their formula contains a proprietary blend of advanced nitric oxide boosters, amino acids, natural energizers, electrolytes, and essential B vitamins. The best part is there are no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives, and no high-risk or untested ingredients.

I decided to give this a try, and figured I had a great test for it. I have been finding in recent months that by the end of the week, I am exhausted and lacking energy to make it through my workouts. I've been making excuses to myself that it's ok to just do half of my workout or I'll make it up on the weekend. Well that isn't happening.... I'm already tired from the week, I'm fooling myself to think I might actually get up on a Saturday morning when I can sleep in. Needless to say, I figured I'm the perfect candidate to see if this will help me get through my workouts without making excuses or feeling too tired to finish my workout.

This morning was the ultimate test, in my opinion. My workout for today was P90X2 Plyocide. This is an hour of kick-ass cardio and I had yet to finish the whole workout. I always was running out of time because I didn't really have the energy to get started at 5:30 a.m. in the first place. I drank my E&E and about 20 minutes later I started the workout. I definitely felt ready and energetic, but questioned whether I was really going to make it through. When I hit the point where I usually turn off the DVD and kept pushing through, I realized I was actually performing better than usual and making it through most of the moves without having to take a break. Pretty impressive... I actually finished the WHOLE workout for the first time and it felt SO good. That workout is intense and I burned 388 calories. It was a great feeling, and I can pretty much guarantee you that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't used the E&E.

Now, I have to say the taste of E&E definitely leaves much to be desired. It's lemon-lime flavored and has a bit of a artificial sweetener taste to it. However, it only requires 4 to 8 oz. of water and this morning I used 4 oz. of water and downed it really fast; another tip I've seen is to double the amount of water. I would rather just shoot it down and get moving!

If you are interested in more information, feel free to contact me!

No comments: