Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Protein Packed Snack: Chobani Greek Yogurt

It's no secret to my friends and family that I am a HUGE fan of Chobani Greek Yogurt. I require my Chobani yogurt at LEAST once a day, and what makes it even better is how great it tastes AND it's good for you! It's a protein packed snack (14 grams of protein per cup) and is available in 0% fat (140 calories) or 2% fat (160 calories). Plus, to top it all off, Chobani only uses all natural ingredients.

The flavor choices are amazing as well. Yes, they have your basics like strawberry, blueberry, peach, vanilla, plain, etc. However, they also have Mango (Love it!), Pineapple (Delicious!), Pomegranate (Yum!) and so many more. Your taste buds will never be bored with the yummy-ness of Chobani.
Recently, Chobani came out with new flavors which include Apple Cinnamon (0% fat), Blood Orange (0% fat), and Passion Fruit (2%). I haven't been lucky enough to find the latter two at my local grocery stores but a close friend of mine found the Apple Cinnamon while she was shopping in the "big" city this past weekend and was kind enough to grab an extra for me. Thanks Jen!!! I have to say this is the flavor I was most skeptical about when I heard about the new releases. However, I was pleasantly surprised and found it was a tasty treat with just enough apple and cinnamon flavor, and the texture was nice and creamy. Also, my friend Lisa thought it might be pretty tasty and just like apple crisp if you added some Grapenuts to it. I like the way she thinks!

Sometimes to get my Chobani in for the day, I mix the cup into one of my Shakeology smoothies. Here's my favorite recipe featuring Chobani:
Strawberry-Orange Greenberry Shakeology
1 Packet of Greenberry Shakeology
1 Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Orange Juice
Ice
This is a super protein (and vitamin) packed shake... it doesn't get much better than this!

Also, a quick tip for those of you with small children. Chobani offers a smaller serving of their yogurt called Chobani Champions. This is a great, healthy snack or addition to their meal. My 4-year-old is SUPER picky but she never turns down yogurt. I figure if I'm gonna give her yogurt, why not give her a healthy yogurt? Way better than those cartoon character, sugar packed ones out there. Flavors include Very Berry and Honey-Nana. They are also releasing a couple new flavors which include Orange Dream and Vanilla Chocolate Chunk. Pretty sure my kids won't be turning either of these flavors down!

Next time you are at the grocery store, look in the yogurt aisle for the Chobani products, I promise you won't be disappointed. In the meantime, my friends and I will be impatiently on the lookout for all the new flavors locally here in Stayton, Oregon!



1 comment:

Lindsay @ Chobani said...

Hi, Alissa! Thanks so much for sharing the Chobani love. We are indeed a protein-packed snack, and we're happy you AND your kids are lovin' our flavors! Agreed that 0% Apple Cinnamon with a bit of crunchy cereal or oatmeal tastes surprisingly similar to apple pie! We'll be in touch shortly to share our new Champions flavors with you, but please don't hesitate to reach out in the meantime- lindsay(dot)kos(at)chobani(dot)com.

Lindsay, Chobani