|I should have saved some tomato to put on top,|
in real life it's so colorful and pretty!
My recipe is based on one serving, just increase if you are making for more people. Enjoy!
Vangie's Yummy Creative Quinoa Concoction
1/4 cup dry Quinoa
1 to 2 cloves of garlic
1/2 of a Trader Joes Spicy Chicken Sausage (or whatever flavor you desire)
1/4 of a small avocado
1 small tomato
1/2 ounce of Trade Joe's Reduced Fat Gouda Cheese
*I omitted onion because I'm not a fan. Include whatever desired amount you think would work, I'm guessing it wouldn't need to be much.
- Cook your 1/4 cup of Quinoa first using either water or chicken broth. Set aside.
- Before you get started with your concoction or while the Quinoa is cooking, I highly recommend you chop up all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Finely chop garlic and onion
- Chop or slice your Spicy Chicken Sausage (keep separate)
- Chop up and place in a small bowl your avocado, tomato, cheese, and cilantro (I put these all together in one bowl)
- Alright, now let's get started! In a pan, heat up (I used medium heat) a small amount of olive oil or you could do like I did and spray some Olive Oil Pam in the pan (cuts down on calories) and saute your garlic and onions.
- Once they get fragrant, throw in your Spicy Chicken Sausage and saute for a couple minutes.
- Now throw in your cooked Quinoa and mix together.
- Crack your egg and throw it in the mix. Mix it in there and let it cook.
- Once your egg is cooked, dump in your avocado, tomato, cheese and cilantro. Cook for a couple minutes, mixing the whole concoction together.
- Put it all on a plate, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! While it's not super low-cal (I think MyFitnessPal calculated it at around 400 calories), it's full of super healthy foods and protein packed (25 grams!).
If you try this, I'd love to hear what you think!