Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Healthy Recipe Corner: Quinoa Salad

I thought it was time I shared my MOST favorite recipe from my journey doing the Ultimate Reset. I haven't even had to modify it to fit my picky eating needs. The only thing I haven't used is the kalamata olives because I can NEVER remember to pick them up when I'm grocery shopping. Ha!

Quinoa is a yummy grain you need to try if you haven't yet. I have fallen in love with it! Cooking quinoa is pretty easy and fairly fast. I make a large quantity at once and store it in the fridge for quick, easy meals. Normally, I take 1 cup of dry quinoa with 2 cups of water. This makes a bunch and makes it easy for me to enjoy my new favorite meal of Quinoa Salad almost every day.

Below is the recipe per the Ultimate Reset Guide from Beachbody and the photos are of my salad today, with the help of my sicky-poo girl LG. Enjoy!



 Ingredients
  • ½ cup cooked Quinoa
  • 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Himalayan salt or Bragg® Liquid Aminos (to taste)
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
  • 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh mint leaves
  • ¼ large ripe tomato, diced
  • ¼ large cucumber, peeled and diced
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped pitted Kalamata olives
Directions
Toss quinoa with olive oil, salt or Bragg Liquid Aminos, and lemon juice, mixing well. Gently fold in parsley and mint, followed by remaining ingredients. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serves 1.

Nutrition
  • 270 calories
  • 18 g fat
  • 2.5 g saturated fat
  • 0 mg cholesterol
  • 135 mg sodium
  • 25 g carbohydrate
  • 4 g fiber
  • 5 g protein
  • 254 mg potassium





 If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments: