Monday, February 25, 2013

Body Beast - High Energy Trail Mix

I posted this picture yesterday showing the YUMMY High-Energy Trail Mix I made thanks to my Body Beast Nutrition Guide. Everyone wants to know the recipe, so I finally got a minute this evening to sit down and type it out for you.... enjoy it, SUPER good and clean eating snack!

High-Energy Trail Mix
2 cups pumpkin seeds, without shells
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, without shells
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes

1) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Place 1/2 cup mixture in 12 small baggies.

Nutritional Information (per serving): 335 Calories / Fat 27 g / Saturated Fat: 11 g / Cholesterol: 0 mg / Sodium: 7 mg / Carbs: 18 g / Fiber: 5 g / Sugars: 8 g / Protein: 11 g.

Yes, it's a little higher in the calorie range but a great snack, especially with me needing more calories with Body Beast. It was a great, easy snack today at work about 2 hours before lunch and held me over till I could get home to eat. 

No comments: