Friday, February 15, 2013

Spot Reduction…. Fact or Fiction?


You’ve seen the infomercials for the Thigh Master and the Ab Belt that shocks your ab muscles… it’s a multi-million dollar industry these days. There are so many different contraptions out that claim they will work miracles on certain body parts. Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you can’t focus on just one part of your body and expect it to look fabulous. Trust me, I wish it were true!!! In college I bought so many different things that claimed they would help my troubled thighs, and I used them religiously in hopes that one day I would have gorgeous thighs like Suzanne Somers. I had the lotions; I had the Bun & Thigh Rocker… all of them. But I just didn’t GET IT…. And my thighs did NOT look like Suzanne’s (they still don’t… ha!).

You can use these items all you want but you’ve actually got to put in some extra work. It’s simple work really, once you figure it out. Eat nutritious foods and exercise your ENTIRE body! Did you know that when losing weight, you will lose weight in the area of your body you gained it last? Fat loss is an all over body experience and you can’t target just one area.

While you may want to target certain areas of your body during workouts, don’t forget to let the rest of your body in on the fun. As you become more active, your metabolism will start chugging away and the calories will be burning long after you finish your workout.

Have you fallen into the spot reduction myth? What have you been duped into purchasing that made the promise to work miracles?


No comments: