I somehow ended up on a mailing list to get Weight Watchers cookbooks many years ago, but I only kept the first one they sent me. It's an ENTIRE cookbook of HEALTHY Italian recipes. Heaven. I love Italian food and below is one of our favorite recipes from the book, titled "Weight Watchers Quick Italian Favorites." YUM!
4 (4 oz.) boneless pork chops
2 (1.2 oz) slices of wheat bread
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp water
1 large egg
4 lemon wedges
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
- If you'd like (I've never done it) flatten meat to 1/4" thickness with a meat mallet.
- Place bread in food processor, and pulse 10 times to form coarse crumbs that measure 1-1/2 cups. Place bread crumbs in a pie plate or shallow dish. Stir in cheese and next 5 ingredients.
- Combine water and egg in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Dip pork chops in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place pork chops on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until done. If desired, squeeze a lemon wedge over each chop.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size 1 chop); Points Value: 5
A couple of notes... we've never flattened the meat and I usually use regular parmesan cheese. Also, I've never used the lemon wedge... I'm sure it's great though! This is fairly easy and SO yummy!!!