Friday, July 5, 2013

Travel and Exercise... No excuses!

Do you exercise while you travel?

We all travel for various reasons throughout the year, maybe it's for fun or maybe it's for work. You might think it's difficult or impossible to still get your exercise done while traveling but it's NOT! If you plan ahead accordingly, there is absolutely no reason you can't be active in some way while traveling. 

If you are staying in a hotel, check ahead of time to see if they have a gym you can use. Go walk on the treadmill or elliptical, just get yourself moving. Also, if you enjoy home workout dvd's take them with you, along with resistance bands. Most workouts can be modified to use resistance bands, which make them easy to travel with. You might also think about taking shorter workouts, ones that you can knock out quickly... next time I travel, I plan to take Focus T-25 because they are all 25 minute workouts. No excuses to not workout when they are only 25 minutes!!

Last week I spent 5-1/2 days in Tacoma, WA, sleeping in a dorm room on a college campus. Not my idea of luxury for that many days but I brought along my Insanity workouts and found a TV with a DVD player at the dorm. I also had a couple girlfriends there who were extra motivation to get up out of those uncomfortable dorm beds. They were there each morning and we got our workouts done together. 

Several years ago when I traveled to Hawaii with family, I brought along my Turbo Jam workouts. My mom and I did those every other day in our condo and on the off days, we went for long walk first thing in the morning. 

When you travel, it's easy to get off track with food but if you keep those workouts going you'll counteract some of those extra calories from splurging! 

No comments: