Thursday, July 17, 2014

PiYo: Get Strong. Get Flexible. Get Powerful!

I'm SO excited about the arrival of PiYo! I've been craving a workout that incorporates some Yoga and I've never been a HUGE fan of pilates, so a combination of both to build my flexibility and strength... YAY!

What is PiYo

PiYo is not a fusion of Pilates and Yoga... yes, it uses moves from both forms of fitness, but it's more of a functional movement workout. These workouts are low impact, but are definitely high intensity! This combination allows you to get a sweat going and burn major calories!

I've been doing PiYo for 2 weeks now and before I started, I knew I needed to incorporate more stretching. I have plantar fasciitis in my foot and it ALWAYS acts up when I haven't been stretching enough. PiYo gives me double duty... Stretching and a good calorie burn.

Not only are you working on your flexibility with PiYo, you are building a powerhouse core from the inside out. I had decent core strength prior to starting but with 2 c-sections, I didn't think it would be possible to completely build my core back up to what it was prior to babies. I was wrong! I can tell already after these first two weeks that I'm on my way to the best core I've ever had.

How do you get PiYo

During the month of July, you can get the PiYo program PLUS a 30 day supply of Shakeology for just $140 (normally $160). Thinks about it... essentially you are getting PiYo for $10!!! Shipping is free during July as well.

As an added bonus, everyone who orders in July and August will be added to my PiYo Challenge group where we give away prizes and support each other daily.

Are you in? Comment below, email me at alissaangelo@gmail.com or message me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyCoachAlissa.


1 comment:

Classes n Camps said...

this post is very informative.