Homemade AIP Chicken Nuggets with honey mustard! OMG, so good! Took some time to fry up but worth it. Omitted cayenne this time but we are definitely adding it next time.
And that homemade Honey Mustard was to die for!!! Super simple too.
Paleo Chicken Nuggets
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
1 1/2 to 2 pounds chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup pickle juice (or jalapeno juice)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4-1/2 cup lard or other fat for frying
* In a large bowl, combine chicken and juice and let marinade for 30 minutes.
Drain the juice and pat the chicken dry with paper towel.
* Add the coconut flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne. Toss to coat the chicken evenly.
* Heat the lard in a skillet over medium heat. (I used avocado oil)
* Place half the chicken in the pan and fry 3 minutes, flip and fry another 3 minutes.
* Remove chicken and repeat with remaining chicken.
* Serve with ketchup, honey mustard, or honey.